Left Handed Versions Available
Many of Gibson's USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw who's always dreamed of owning a US-made Gibson, please contact us with any enquiries.
Here’s What Gibson Say About the 1936 Advanced Jumbo:
During a time when cultural optimism was low, Gibson dreamed up a new line of "advanced" instruments; included in those models was the Advanced Jumbo. Due to low production numbers from 1936-1939, this model largely flew under the radar even though it was a supreme sounding and performing instrument. The Gibson Acoustic Custom Shop is pleased to once again offer the Gibson 1936 Advanced Jumbo, outfitted with a Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and premium Waverly tuners. The 1936 Advanced Jumbo brings back all the tone and prestige that made these such a sought-after instrument by artist and collectors.
- Shape: Advanced Jumbo
- Top: Thermally Aged Red Spruce
- Back: Rosewood
- Side: Rosewood
- Bracing: Traditional Hand-Scalloped Advanced X-Bracing, Red Spruce Braces with Hide Glue
- Binding: Single-Ply Top, Single-Ply Back
- Finish: Think Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Historic AJ
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 19
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Diamonds and Arrows
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-Body
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Rectangle, Open Slot
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly
- Pickguard: AJ
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Under Saddle Pickup: None
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit