Epiphone's new Masterbilt AJ-500RCE Acoustic/Electric guitar introduces one the most legendary acoustic guitars in music history, the mighty powerful dreadnaught, to the critically acclaimed Masterbilt series with a beautiful cutaway and two stylish finishes-Natural Satin and Vintage Sunburst Satin.
New Epiphone Masterbilt Series guitars are just as treasured as vintage models. But they're a lot more affordable and available! First released in June 1931, the original Epiphone Masterbilts made a big impression on musicians from all styles of music and new Masterbilts continue to further that reputation around the world. The original Epiphone Masterbilt catalog made the promise: "The possessor of an EPIPHONE instrument has the assurance that every possible precaution has been taken to build instruments for lifetime performance and pleasure." And Epiphone still makes that promise!
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Solid Rosewood
- Side Material: Solid Rosewood
- Neck Material: Mahogany; 1-piece plus heel
- Neck Shape Options: SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In; Dove-Tail with hide glue
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with Pearloid Dot inlays
- Bridge Pickup: Shadow® NanoFlex™ ; Under Saddle
- Electronics: Shadow® Sonic™ Soundhole
- Controls: Master Volume
- Treble EQ
- Bass EQ
- Phase "Anti-feedback" Switch
- Low-Battery Indicator
- Power: Two #2032 Lithium Batteries (3V)
- Binding: Body = 5 ply; Neck = 1 ply; Headstock = 3-ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 20; medium
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Nut Masterial: Bone
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Sta-Tite™ 18: 1 ratio
- Strings: D’Addario® 12, 16, 25, 34, 41, 53