Grammy award winner Peter Frampton has worked with Epiphone to create the signature 1964 Texan acoustic guitar limited to only 500 instruments worldwide. It's highly unlikely you'll ever have matching guitars at a gig with the 1964 Texan!
Body and Neck
The 1964 Texan has a full and rich Mahogany body with a bright solid Spruce top to cap the sound with a crispy tone. The Mahogany neck is made in a super smooth C-shape 60's taper suitable for any kind of playing style. On top is a light Pau Ferro fingerboard that offers a similar warmth to Mahogany. It also matches the Sunburst finish beautifully.
The 25.5" scale-length is most suitable to strumming style but the sound and feel of this guitar provides enough for a huge scope of tones and playing. The glued-in neck joint adds to the sustain and projection of the 1963 Texan.
A bone nut saddle and Schaller M6 tuners keep the Texan is precise tuning no matter how hard you strum. The Pau Ferro bridge is extremely comfortable to rest your hand. Not a sharp piece anywhere to be found throughout the neck and body.
An L. R. Baggs Flexible Film Sensor sits under the saddle so the Texan retains its classic look, while being able to be plugged into an amp for live settings. The EAS-VTC System is great to expand your tones when playing through an amp.
- Top Material: Solid Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Traditional 1960's SlimTaper ; C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Headstock: Traditional Epiphone "Sloped Dovewing": "Peter Frampton" signature replica on back in SILVER.
- Truss Rod: 2-way Adjustable
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Parallelograms"
- Electronics: L. R. Baggs EAS-VTC System (1-Pickup System)
- Filter: Built-In LF Filter
- Controls: Master Volume & Master Tone
- Power: 9V Battery
- Under Saddle Pickup: L. R. Baggs Flexible Film Sensor
- Binding (Body Top): 3-ply (Ivory/Black/I)
- Binding (Body Back): 1-ply (Ivory)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: Pau Ferro; Reverse-Belly
- Bridge Pins: White with "Abalone" Dots
- Saddle: Bone
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.62"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Schaller M6
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise with foil "E"
- Strap Buttons: Neck and Body
- Output Jack: Endpin
- Sound Hole Label: Vintage Rectangular Blue; Model: FT-79 with Peter's original serial number "205898" (Sequential serial number on back of headstock)
- Includes: Unsigned Certificate of Authenticity
- Other: "2018" Edition logo on back of headstock
- Finish: Gloss