The Sigma BMC-15E is a jumbo-size, all-mahogany acoustic bass, great for playing both unplugged or through an amp thanks to the built in Fishman preamp.
Acoustic bass guitars are unique instruments and a great addition to any bass player's arsenal. Acoustic basses have an organic, earthier sound, offering tones that approach upright bass territory. It's only enhanced by the mahogany construction, which is known for a warm, smooth tone.
The jumbo body size of this guitar helps balance the 34" scale length instrument and also aids in projecting greater volume - an important factor due to the lower sound frequencies of a bass.
Volume definitely won't be an issue on stage thanks to the built in Fishman Presys II electronics. With Fishman Presys II electronics you can plug right in and play. The preamp offers some simple tone shaping controls and even has a built in tuner.
- Body Size: J-14 Fret, Cutaway
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top: Solid Mahogany
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany, Bass
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Fingerboard: Micarta
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Neck width at nut: 1.58” (40,1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Chrome, Grover diecast
- Electronics: Fishman Presys II (with Tuner)
- Finish: Satin
- Softshell Case: SSC-B included
- Strings: D´Addario PBB170