The Orange Acoustic Pre is a world first. A stereo sound tube preamp designed for acoustic guitars, delivering supreme clarity and capturing subtle nuances live or in the studio.
Utilising two channels, the Acoustic Pre packs plenty of warmth and natural-sounding air you simply couldn’t obtain previously from a preamp.
Natural Compression and Warmth
Valve technology is highly regarded in amps, so why not preamps too? Channel A provides a wide frequency range from the ECC83/12AX7 thanks to its natural compression.
Tweak your sound with the three-way EQ and added Heat dial, which lets you determine how much negative feedback is fed into the signal. Low heat is ideal for flatpickers. Turn it up for increased presence - great for fingerpicking.
Frequency and Gain dials let you shape your sound even further, the former selecting the range in which the acoustic sits in a mix. Gain has bearing on the aggression of the tone, another handy tool depending on your playing style.
The solid-state B channel is shaped to replicate the exact sound of your guitar. Alternatively, capture your guitar sound with the microphone input, suppling 48V phantom power.
It also houses a digital reverb, which adds some depth to the more transparent sound. Use each channel separately or blend together for a wide variety of tones.
Connectivity, Phasing & Ground Lift
You have a number of switches at your disposal to correct phasing issues and eliminate feedback. Ideal if you’re playing a guitar with dual-source pickups. The Orange Acoustic Pre features two independent effects loop for stereo sound and balanced DI outputs to run into PA system.
- Gain: Input level to Channel A
- Heat: Varies valve gain in upper frequencies adding harmonics and compression
- Bass: Low shelf +/-12 dB below 680 hZ
- Treble: High shelf +15 dB Above 680 hZ
- Mid: +/-18dB @ frequency selected by Freq control
- Freq: Selects centre frequency for Mid control (180Hz – 1.8kHz)
- Reverb: Controls the level of the on-board digital reverb
- Line Volume: Controls the output level of the unbalanced mono line output
- Main Volume: Controls the output level of the balanced XLR outputs
- +48V On: Activates 48V phantom power on Channel B’s XLR input
- Phase Inv A x2
- Gnd Lift x2
- 1/4″ Jack input to Channels A & B
- Mute Footswitch
- FX Loop Send A x2
- Line Output: Mixes both channels for a mono unbalanced 1/4″ output Jack
- Dimensions 29X15X9CM (11.41 X 5.90 X 3.54″)
- Weight 2.5KG (5.51LBS)