Even with the best acoustic guitar pickups in the world if you plug your Acoustic straight into the PA you won't get a perfect sound. You might get something very good but you'll never quite nail that 'studio' sound, that is unless you use the Fishman Aura Spectrum! Everything you need to get the sound of an incredible instrument recorded in with a premium microphone in studio conditions! The star of the show is the Aura audio image processing which looks at the tonal character of the input signal and compares it to one of a number of 'images' based on real premium instruments recorded with real premium microphones in a real premium studio. The Aura compares the two 'images' and dynamically applies the right subtle processing to make your guitar sound like the studio image. It works best when the Aura image matches the model of your guitar or at least the body shape and size (128 images are included in the pedal including many of the best selling acoustic guitars worldwide). To maintain the integrity of your original signal you can even blend between the wet and dry signals to your taste.
Just about everything else you could need to get a great sound is also packed into this pedal: a 3 band EQ, studio quality compressor and a sophisticated feedback rejection system!
Here's what Fishman say about the Aura Spectrum DI
Aura Spectrum DI is the complete tone solution for the acoustic musician featuring award-winning Aura Acoustic Imaging technology that restores a studio-miked sound to your undersaddle or soundhole pickup.
Housed in a professional quality all-metal case, Aura Spectrum DI features a 3-band EQ, one-knob compressor, automatic feedback suppression with up to 3 notches, chromatic tuner, effects loop, plus a high-quality balanced XLR D.I. The included Aura Image Gallery software provides access to an ever-expanding list of instruments recorded using world-class studio mics and techniques.
Aura Spectrum DI is not only incredibly versatile, but it also delivers the most realistic acoustic sound available for stage or studio.
- Award-winning Aura Acoustic Imaging
- 128 pre-loaded Images for use with the most popular acoustic instruments
- Instrument Preamp with Balanced XLR D.I. out
- Volume, Blend, and Image Select controls
- Three band EQ
- One-knob compressor
- Automatic anti-feedback with up to 3 notches
- Built-in chromatic tuner with bypass/mute
- 16 user-configurable Image locations
- USB interface for Image downloading from Aura Image Gallery (software included)
- Feedback-fighting Phase switch
- Automatic D.I. Ground Lift
- 9-Volt Battery or optional adaptor operation
- PROCESSOR: 32-bit processing
- MATERIAL: Durable all-metal construction
- DIMENSIONS: 5.6" L x 5.25" W x 2.1" H
- WEIGHT: 1.7 lbs.
- POWER: 9-Volt battery or optional adapter power
- BATTERY LIFE: 20 hours
- 1/4" mono input & output w/input trim control
- Balanced XLR D.I.
- 1/4" effects loop
- 24-bit A/D/A conversion