The Hughes & Kettner Era 2 builds on the already amazing Era 1 acoustic amps with more power and larger speakers than the original.
These are amazing pick up and play acoustic amps that you can easily carry from home to the gig to cover all of the sounds you need for any acoustic instrument.
The Era 1 was an incredible amp but it’s small size had a few limitations. The Era 2 fixes this in a couple of different ways.
Now packed with 400w of power this is easily loud enough for larger club gigs which you may not want to be lugging around a large PA system for. The interesting thing is that the power amp is actually rated for 600w but by limiting it to 400w you can turn it up without having to worry about starting to clip any part of the rig. Clean sound from 0-10, not many other amps can say that.
The extra wattage is fantastic but to get the best response out of an acoustic amp you need good drivers to go with it. Hughes & Kettner have upped the game with the Era 2 featuring a pair of 8” drivers as well as a 1” dome tweeter.
This leads to better low end response making it much better for percussive acoustic playing along with instruments with lower ranges such as upright bass, cello and more.
No matter your style or instrument this should have all of the connectivity you need. For inputs you have two main channels each with mic and instrument inputs including phantom power, your channel 3 and channel 4 are both stereo inputs, one 3.5mm jack and one ¼” jack that are perfect for connecting mp3 players or extra instruments like keys.
On the output there is an XLR direct out, stereo line out, optical recording out, headphone out, tuner out. Pretty much everything you could need all in one for stage and studio.
- POWER AMP: 400 watts
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) : 350 x 475 x 290 mm
- WEIGHT: 14,10 kg / 31,1 lbs (wood), 14,45 kg / 31,9 lbs. (black)
- TILT STAND (INCLUDED): 25° / 35°
- POLE MOUNT: 35 mm
- PROTECTIVE COVER (INCLUDED): Padded
- CHANNEL 1 AND 2: High Resolution Mic and Instrument Input (XLR/6,3mm (1/4″) Klinke Combobuchse – Phantom Power switchable))
- CHANNEL 3: Aux In: 3,5 mm (Mini Jack Stereo-Input; adjustable
- CHANNEL 4 / FX RETURN: 6,3 mm (1/4″) Stereo-Input; adjustable
- DI-OUT: XLR; Pre/Post EQ switchable; Ground Lift switchable
- LINE OUT: 6,3 mm Stereo Output; adjustable
- CHANNEL OUT: FX Send; 6,3 mm Stereo Output
- OPTICAL RECORDING OUT: S/PDIF TOSLINK, optical
- PHONES OUT: 6,3 mm Stereo Headphones Out
- TUNER: 6,3 mm Mono Tuner Out
CHANNEL 1 AND 2
- SWITCHES: -10 db; Shape; Mute
- GAIN : Input sensivity
- EQ: 3-Band-EQ, 2 Modes switchable
- INTERNAL FX: 16 FX-Programms (Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Combinations), FX parameters adjustable
- VOLUME: Master Volume
- NOTCH FILTER: 40 – 180 Hz
- FX SEND: 6,3 mm Stereo Output
- FX RETURN: Input: 6,3 mm Stereo Input; adjustable
- MID/LOW: 2X8″ Custom made
- HIGH: 1×1″ Dome Tweeter
- HUGHES & KETTNER FS-2 (OPTIONALLY AVAILABLE): Switching functions: Amp mute, internal FX mute
- 1: Reverb Room Dark: Short reverb, heavy HF damping: shorter or longer
- 2: Reverb Room Bright: Short reverb, light HF damping: shorter or longer
- 3: Reverb Hall Warm: Medium reverb, warm HF damping: shorter or longer
- 4: Reverb Hall Bright: Medium reverb, slight HF damping: shorter or longer
- 5: Reverb Church: Long reverb, slight HF damping: shorter or longer
- 6: Delay Short: Single echo, slapback at 80 ms: DT: 20 – 170 ms
- 7: Delay Mid: Multiple repeats, 170 ms: DT: 20 – 170 ms
- 8: Delay Long: Multiple repeats, 800 ms: DT: 170 – 800 ms
- 9: Delay Pan Delay: DT: 140 ms + 660 ms: DT: 140 ms + (140-660) ms
- 10: Delay + Reverb: DT: 170 ms, medium reverb: DT: 20 – 170 ms
- 11: Chorus: Rate: 0,3 Hz: Rate: 0,1 – 10 Hz
- 12: Chorus + Reverb: Chorus no. 11, medium reverb, reverb-Level: 80 %: Reverb level
- 13: Chorus + Delay: Chorus no. 11, DT: 170 ms: DT: 20 – 170 ms
- 14: Flanger: Rate: 0,4 Hz: Rate: 0,1 – 10 Hz
- 15: Flanger + Reverb: Flanger no. 14; medium reverb, reverb Level: 80 %: Reverb level
- 16: Flanger + Delay: Flanger no. 14; 170 ms: DT: 20 – 170 ms