Many acoustic preamps have come close to recreating true natural acoustic tone, but it's the ToneDexter that has cracked it.
Audio Sprockets have worked hard to create an all-encompassing portable acoustic preamp pedal, packing an incredible amount of customisation potential. The end results are genuinely astounding. It sounds exactly like a real acoustic mic'ed up in the room.
- Works on any acoustic instrument, with most active or passive piezo pickup systems
- Stores 22 WaveMaps - customise your mic tone
- Built-in high precision tuner, accurate to within 1 cent
- Boost switch for solos
- Latency less than 1ms
- Effects loop
- Phantom power mic input
Dial in 22 WaveMaps - in other words, your selection of microphone simulation - and tweak to your tastes across the two-band EQ. The unique character dial also serves up some interesting tones as it blends the full-on mic sound with your piezo guitar pickup.
Feedback is a common issue in live acoustic situations. Audio Sprockets have tackled this with a sweepable notch filter as well as a phase switch to suppress unwanted noise.
The built-in 1 cent tuner rounds off the ToneDexter for full live use. Add to that an independent clean boost circuit to bring lead parts to the fore and you have a wide array of options to meet any gigging need.
The ToneDexter doesn't stop at pretty tone. It's a clever bit of kit with the ability to hook you up in, practice, live and recording situations.
Plug your headphones in to listen to a detailed, focused recreation of your acoustic tone. Use the effects loop to put the ToneDexter at the heart of your guitar setup. Plug your condenser mic into the ToneDexter thanks to onboard phantom power.
Here's What Audio Sprockets say about the ToneDexter V2 Software Update
- All new WaveMaps now include the complete miked sound (previously only WaveMaps created in slot 22, all others had automatic feedback suppression included in the WaveMap).
- The new ‘Notch’ control now features a variable mitigation filter that intelligently prevents feedback by reducing the resonant peaks.
- Existing WaveMaps will continue to function as they always have
- Significant and noticeable improvements in the quality of the WaveMap produced. It is smoother and even more natural sounding
- Bass and Treble EQ
- Character control which adds additional punch to the WaveMap
- 11 position rotary WaveMaps switch and bank select switch
- Headphone output
- High Precision Tuner
- XLR DI output
- Effects Loop In
- Analog boost and mute circuits positioned after effects loop
- XLR mic input with 48V phantom supply
- Sweepable notch filter for feedback suppression
- Phase (polarity) switch on rear panel
- +/-15V internal supplies for professional headroom and dead quiet operation
- SD card slot for field upgrade of software