At last, Ableton have produced an update to their highly regarded PUSH controller. Push is the ultimate controller for Ableton live, working seamlessly together to generate a powerhouse of creativity.
The new Push 2 offers a raft of features that will improve your workflow and encourage experimentation . It's more than just a controller. Despite having no sound of its own, when combined with Ableton Live, Push 2 is a complete instrument that you can play expressively, and craft full, exciting tracks with.
A Gorgeous Instrument
Push 2 has been designed to provide a beautiful and engaging playing experience thanks to an intuitive interface. Enhanced RGB pads deliver more detailed visual feedback to help you navigate your session. They feel softer, smoother and more responsive, allowing you to make beats and melodies more musical than ever before.
A clear multicolour display adapts to show you exactly what parameters you require without distraction. Whether you're choosing filter types, gain level, or you're slicing up a waveform, the great looking display allows you to edit quickly and effectively.
The Push is the perfect controller to create beats with Ableton Live. Browse, preview and load sounds onto the 64 velocity sensitive pads to play beats live. Alternatively, switch to a 16-pad step sequencer to programme in something simple very quickly, or go absolutely crazy with a more intricate groove. You can also tweak your beats using timing, velocity and other parameters to create a beat that's individual and unique.
Play Notes and Chords
The pads can also be transformed into a variety of musical keyboard layouts, allowing you to play melodies, bass lines and a variety of chords. You don't even need to be any good at piano; you can set the pads to work as a chromatic scale (for full piano style control), or set the pads to a chosen key and scale with the touch of a button. It'll be impossible to play a bum note!
If you have a jazz track and want to play only within a blues scale, set the scale and the key you're in, and you can improvise with ease. You can even play in different modes (ionian, dorian etc) and use Push's touch slider for pitch bend and modulation. Who needs a keyboard anyway!
If you prefer to sequence your melodies and chords as well as your beats, the Push can enter notes, make precise timing changes, create variations or adjust note length and velocity within the grid format. You can even step sequence automation; record a filter value for each step and add amazing depth to your tracks.
Edit Your Samples
With the new detailed colour display on the Push 2, you can now more easily work with your samples right on the unit. Push 2 has three separate workflows that offer fast and flexible ways to get creative!
Slicing Mode - instantly chop up long samples and distribute the different slices onto the pads.
Classic Mode - turn melodic samples into playable pitched instruments. its fully adjustable to get the perfect sampled sound.
One Shot Mode - samples play the whole way through without being cut short. Perfect for playing drum samples.
- Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 10
- Play or step sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
- New sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
- Large multicolour display adapts to show what you need
- 64 sensitive and playable backlit pads
- 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
- Clip launch mode for live performance and arrangement recording
- Scales mode offers unique approach to playing notes and chords
- Includes Live Intro for new users
- Push hardware
- 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz with interchangeable heads for North/Central America & Japan (Type A), China (Type A & I), Europe (Type C), UK (Type G), Australia & New Zealand (Type I)
- USB cable 1.40m (55.12 inches)
- Quick Start Guide + Download version of Live 9
- Width: 370mm (14.57 inches)
- Depth: 293mm (11.54 inches)
- Height (body): 26mm (1.02 inches), (body + encoders): 46mm (1.81 inches)
- Weight: 2990g (6.6 pounds)
- External Power: 12V DC 1.25A
- USB Power: 5V/0.5A
- Two pedal inputs
- Kensington Lock
- The upper shell is a thick but lightweight plate of anodized aluminium
- Soft silicon pads, carefully calibrated to respond perfectly at any velocity
- RGB backlighting
- The control buttons gently click and are lit with white or multi-coloured LEDs to indicate a variety of states
- High-resolution endless encoders that respond to touch
- The high-resolution RGB display is bright and clear at any viewing angle and under any lighting
- 17cm touch strip for pitch bend/scrolling
- 31 LEDs for navigation