A true Fender classic, this '68 Custom Princeton Reverb amplifier from Fender draws from the most authentic, original Fender tones. The well-known 'Silverface' panel represents an era where Fender amps were a staple; they were the go-to tube amp for performers and studios throughout the rock 'n' roll world.
The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb amp features a 1x10" Celestion speaker (with reverb and tremolo on each channel) and dual inputs to accommodate for different kinds of pickups. It projects creamy, fat, lively tube tones in a cabinet that remains highly portable. You'll find it ideal for those smaller gigs and studio scenarios.
'68 was an important year for the amp arm of the Fender brand. Their respective looks were completely overhauled, in this amps case, receiving an aluminium grille cloth trim and a silver/turquoise front panel. Adding to this a trademark punchy tube tone (augmented by Fender's highly regarded vibrato and reverb effects) and a compact, lightweight build, and you've got an amp that's become one of the top choices for those searching for that iconic Fender sound.
This amp takes inspiration from the 'Silverface' models that became prevalent in the late '60s. However, it features its own unique twists in a number of areas - the big one being a tone circuit that's been tweaked to offer increased tonal options with your pedals. Alongside this, you'll notice a much faster onset of overdrive, and a lower negative feedback (resulting in improved touch sensitivity).
- Model Name: '68 Custom Princeton Reverb
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Wattage: 12 Watts
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: One
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4)
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 19.875" (50.5 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 34 lbs. (15.7 kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: One - 10" Celestion TEN 30
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (3 x 12AX7), (1 x 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (2 x 6V6)
- Unique Features: Modified Princeton Reverb circuit with all-tube circuitry, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, five-year warranty (United States and Canada; other territories may vary).
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included