Customers Also Bought
Availability: 1 in stock
This item may be on display
More stock arriving soon
Estimated date: Friday, 9 Oct 2015
What does this mean?
Important product notice for Mac users: Please read this compatibility notice from Presonus before purchasing this product.
The AudioBox 22VSL introduces a new generation of PreSonus USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interfaces that take hardware/software integration to the logical next step. Using your computer CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive (VSL) software, AudioBox VSL-series interfaces provide reverb and and delay effects and the same Fat Channel compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter, as the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer- all with inaudible latency. Now you can monitor and record with or without real-time dynamics processing and EQ!
What's so great about effects and processing on monitors?
Tracking without hearing effects and signal processing is like playing a video game with your eyes closed. Musicians rely on aural cues when performing, and their performance can vary depending on what they hear in their monitors. Adding just the right amount of compression, EQ, and reverb can make a huge difference in their ability to hear themselves clearly and to experience their performance as if it occurred in a natural space rather than in the artificial sonic environment of the studio. The result is a better performance and ultimately a better recording.
You have plenty of effects plug-ins for your DAW, but processing audio with a DAW takes more time than you might think. True, we're talking milliseconds, but it's long enough that if you put DAW effects in your studio monitors, you'll hear the original sound slightly before the processed signal, which is very disorienting. That much delay might be acceptable for live gigs, where the band is playing together in an ambient space that has natural delay. But you can't record that way in the studio.
Fortunately, our engineering wizards have dramatically reduced processing delay in the AudioBox VSL series. The result: dynamics processing, EQ, reverb, and effects that feel real, with no audible delay.
And if you like what you hear, you can record with AudioBox VSL-series effects, too! These are the same high-quality StudioLive 16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processors and EQs that professional musicians, engineers, and producers record with every day.
Great processors are a PreSonus tradition
We didn't invent the first audio interface with effects. We simply did it better and for less money. Sure, some interface manufacturers that don't normally make signal processors have added a compressor, EQ and a few effects to their interfaces. But the AudioBox VSL series provides all that, plus a separate limiter, expander, and high-pass filter-and we've been making high-quality signal processors since 1995. The AudioBox VSL-series' Virtual StudioLive (VSL)-based effects and Fat Channel processing have been extensively field-tested and proven popular by tens of thousands of StudioLive-series mixer users, including many top professionals.
Of great importance, thanks to VSL's drag-and-drop convenience, adding processing and creating and loading presets is easy. Pro-level processing and superior ease of use mean you'll get better results and have more fun!
High-end sound in a portable, roadworthy interface
Bus-powered, compact, and rugged, the AudioBox 22VSL offers two convenient front-panel mic/instrument combo inputs with global phantom power and provides two line-level outputs. It sports the same high-headroom Class A XMAX preamps as the StudioLive mixers and has 24-bit, 96 kHz converters with 114 dB dynamic range for clear, clean audio. And it boasts PreSonus' legendary 120 mW headphone output, which is loud enough to explode the oysters in a Po'-Boy sandwich. (Be careful with your level control!)
When we tell you we made the AudioBox 22VSL "rugged," we're not fooling! It employs the same heavy-duty steel case as the original AudioBox USB-the unit we famously stomped, kicked, and drove over with a full-size truck before using it to make a very nice recording. (You can witness this in the video AudioBox USB Built for the Road.) Now that's what we call "roadworthy." And this mighty mite fits in just a third of a rackspace and can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray (not included).
The flexibility and power of software
VSL enables you to easily manage the processing and mixing from your Mac or Windows PC and provides editor/librarian functions, making it simple to create and use a library of presets. To get you started, we've included the same library of more than 50 Fat Channel presets that comes with StudioLive mixers. These presets were created by professional musicians and engineers and let you instantly set up dynamics processing and EQ for vocals, guitar, and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with the included Studio One Artist DAW and VSL, the AudioBox 22VSL interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software. And unlike most things nowadays, it's very easy on your budget.
So get the next-generation USB 2.0 interface that gives you real-time, low-latency effects; rock-solid construction; and high-end audio for low-end prices: AudioBox 22VSL!
- 24-bit / 96 kHz 2 x 2 USB 2.0 recording interface
2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with:
- Combo XLR mic and balanced 1/4" instrument input
- Class A XMAX mic / instrument preamp
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- Studio One Artist digital audio workstation software included
Virtual StudioLive (VSL) control software included; manages:
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- 4 x 2 DSP mixer
- StudioLive16.0.2 Fat Channel compressor, limiter, expander, high-pass filter, and semi-parametric EQ for each analog input and its DAW return
- 2 stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- More than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 2 combo XLR / 1/4" mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced 1/4" main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo 1/4" headphone output
- MIDI In/Out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency analog monitoring with playback/input Mix control knob
- Mac- and Windows-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weight 1.6 lb. (0.7 kg)
- Powered via USB bus-no wall wart!
- Virtual StudioLive (VSL)
- PreSonus' groundbreaking control software
- Studio One Artist
- PreSonus' revolutionary digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 4+ GB of 3rd-party resources.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Turion) (2.8 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later (32- and 64-bit)
- Intel Core 1 Solo 1.5 GHz processor (Intel Core Duo or Intel Xeon processor recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Macintosh Systems
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet connection recommended
- DVD-ROM drive (required to install Studio One Artist)
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 02 July 2015
Service and attention to detail was excellent.
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 26 April 2014
Nice Interface that does the job well for the price range.
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 07 March 2014
A little difficult to install, problems with installing some of the software items in Studio one. Caused computer crashing. Looking forward to being able to use and enjoy it.
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 16 January 2014
So easy! So awesome! Unbelievable that it comes with studio 1 and all the associated goodies for under £200- crazy value.
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 29 December 2013
Haven't had a chance to use it properly yet as the festive season is in full swing but it seems to work fine
Ian | Purchase date: 28 February 2013
This product seems pretty good to me. I have nothing to compare it with as this is my first trip into the world of digital recording, but it is straight forward to use and despite being a little confusing when you are installing the software it seems to do all it claims. It is certainly great to be able to get some effects in your headphones whilst recording.
Tomasz | Purchase date: 06 October 2012
This is THE best audio interface for that money. I have tried a few and must say it's really good. The set up is easy and Presonus provide really good support for their products and it's build like a tank so what else you could ask for. Really awesome interface. So far that's the best investment on my recording set up at home.