Customers Also Bought
Availability: 2 in stock
Order now for delivery to you
on Tuesday, 23 Sep 2014
- What does this mean?
Line 6 POD Studio UX2
The Line 6 POD Studio UX2 has the Pod Farm Plugin and the UX2 interface, making home recording extremely easy!
Thre is a balanced XLR input with a high-quality mic preamp that produces a clean and crystal clear vocal recording.
The POD UX2 Ins and Outs have:
- 1/4-inch guitar input (normal or pad), 2 X Balanced XLR inputs with high-quality mic preamps, Gain knobs, Two 1/4-inch line inputs, 1/4-inch stereo monitor input, Two balanced 1/4-inch analog outs, 1/4-inch headphone out, Phantom power, S/PDIF digital out, Assignable VU meters.
- The POD Farm AU/RTAS/VST plug-in features every model necessary for pro-sounding tracks. Over 80 fully adjustable guitar amps, from vintage classics to must-have modern monsters, plus bass amps, preamps and more are packed inside to deliver legendary POD tone to your DAW.
- Drag and drop models into the signal flow, pre or post amplifier. The carousel-style gear browser displays the amps and effects. Creating classic tones or imaginative hybrids is incredibly fast and easy. Fully adjustable, each model offers total tweak capability. Also, over a thousand presets are available.
- POD Studio UX2 includes Ableton Live Lite 16-track recording software and RiffWorks T4 recording software for instant pro recording and idea capture, right out of the box. Plus, POD Studio UX2 outperforms similar interfaces with its pro tone and studio-standard advantages.
- Low noise (Over 100dB signal-to-noise ratio) for recording guitar, with 12dB more dynamic range than similar interfaces.
- Exclusive latency-killing ToneDirect monitoring
- 44.1/48 kHz 16-/24-bit recording (88.2/96 kHz with sample-rate conversion)
- POD Farm plug-in compatibility: AU/RTAS/VST
- Fix it in the mix: record a dry signal while monitoring a fully processed POD tone.
- 18 guitar amps (modeled after Fender Deluxe Reverb, Marshall JCM-800, Vox AC-30 Top Boost, Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, and more)
- 24 guitar cabs
- 5 bass amps, 5 bass cabs
- 29 essential stompbox and studio effects (modeled after EP-1 Tube Echoplex, Ibanez Tube Screamer, MXR Phase 90, LA-2A studio compressor, and more)
- 6 mic preamps (modeled after Neve 1073, Avalon Vt737, API 512c, and more)
- FX Junkie model pack adds 35 more synths, filters, delays and more to POD Farm
- Ideal for use with Cubase, Logic, Garageband, Pro Tools, Cakewalk and other pro recording platforms
- Includes Reason Limited and Pod Farm 2 Software
- USB 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
Line 6 POD UX2 Studio Computer Requirements
- Windows: Pentium IV 1.2GHZ or better, XP (SP2) or Windows 2000 (SP4 or later), or Windows XP x64, Vista 32-bit and 64-bit
- Mac: G4 800MHz or better, OS X 10.4.6 or better
- 512MB RAM minimum (1GB or more recommended)
- 1GB free HD space minimum (10GB or more recommended for recording)
- Drive speed 5400rpm minimum (7200rpm or faster recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
- Internet connection for activation and online features
- One free USB 1.1- or 2.0-compatible port on computer or self-powered USB hub (bus-powered USB hubs are not supported)
- Mac AU/RTAS/VST and Windows RTAS/VST
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 15 September 2014
There was a little problem with the licensing of some included software but the people at Andertons were there to assist with this problem, so great service.
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 06 November 2013
Incredible device, amazing tones, great recording software. Nothing can beat this for the money ! Only one complaint is the lack of a quick start guide !
Mike | Purchase date: 30 March 2013
Having previously purchased other Line6 products (Spider II amp and a POD XT) I was well aware that the UX2 would be a quality bit of kit and solely in terms of build quality it is robust and looks nice and doesn't disappoint. However in my opinion, there is one major flaw - a complete lack of operating instructions! (When I purchased my POD XT some years ago, it came with a comprehensive instruction booklet as well as a quick start guide.) The quick start guide was sufficient for me to get stuck in right away and then, once I'd finished playing around with it, I was able to explore the finer points in great detail with the help of the excellent user guide and really get the best out of it. Unfortunately, the same is not true of the UX2 which comes with loads of bundled software and absolutely no instruction on how it all relates to each other and works! As I'm new to home recording, I don't understand any of this stuff yet and beyond plugging everything in, I am unable to work out what to do next! and as a consequence the UX2 is currently sat on a shelf in my music room gathering dust until I can spare the time to work out for myself how to use it and the software bundled with it! At £160 I really wish now that I'd invested the extra cash in buying an even better Martin Guitar than the one I did buy (which I hasten to add is a fine instrument which I'm extremely pleased with!)
Sally | Purchase date: 25 February 2013
Great product with plenty of amps and effects to chose from, good qaulity sound and easy to install. U get free recording software through line 6 with this so your all ready to go.
Fast and reliable service from andertons, great customer service as always.
You can always be sure your getting qulity from andertons.
Angela | Purchase date: 03 November 2012
I am hoping that the item is ok as it is a christmas gift and therefore has not been used yet. Arrived very quickly.
Mark | Purchase date: 15 October 2012
Although I have only briefly skimmed the surface of what the Studio UX2 can do, it would appear to be a great little bit of kit for the budding home recordist!
My band and I had a little play the other night with a couple of tracks which turned out pretty good. The software that packages with it is very comprehensive allowing you to do all sorts of things with the recorded tracks. The drummer did find it a little difficult to lay down the drum tracks using a PC keyboard though so a midi keyboard or drum machine may be the next purchase.
Monitor wise they don't tell you that you will require powered monitors to here anything out loud although headphones will likely be what you will use when recording. The standard PC monitors do seem to work ok though plugged into the earphone socket.
The reason I haven't given it 5 starts is because it does not come with any concise instructions which I feel Line6 need to address. I am a web developer so very familiar with setting up computer hardware and software, but it still took me around 3-4 hours to get it all up and running after finding some great tutorials on Youtube. All I would say is search for these first and don't use the packaged disk as I think it is a few versions out of date as of writing.
Apart from that an awesome buy.
Dan | Purchase date: 12 July 2012
Line 6 Certainly know what they are doing when it comes to studio work. This unit is absolutely amazing and the Software is Brilliant! POD Farm 2 took me a little while to get used to as I have been previously using Gearbox, but it is very easy to use! The Quality of the sound is like you are in a real recording Studio!
I have managed to rig two guitars up to this unit so I can have two people playing at once panned left and right. Get a Mono Jack to Male XLR and put it in Mic 1 input. Then on the POD Farm software use the dual input and select input B to be Mic 1 and input A to be instrument. Then you can build your amps as normal and two people can then play... So guitar lessons are easy if that is what your profession is. I really recommend getting this unit!
Mr. Matthew Pell | Purchase date: 05 January 2011
I would heartily recommend this product as the hardware and PODfarm are excellent and provide just about any guitar tone you could ask for. The only downside is the recording software provided, which is so diabolically bad that I dont know why Line 6 provide it with the product as it crashes on average every five minutes and will only serve to lose them marks in reviews. Despite this the pod studio ux2 is a good piece of kit, just be prepared to fork out for some recording software as riffworks.....well doesnt work.
Andrew Campbell | Purchase date: 28 September 2009
I purchased this Audio interface for my Nephew's Birthday. He loves it and the guitar amp models and effects are awesome. It's so easy to use, it is a must have for a PC based small home studio, whether your a beginner or a novice.
The Line 6 Pod Studio UX2 is great value for money.