Customers Also Bought
Availability: 2 in stock
Order now for delivery to you
on Monday, 3 Nov 2014
- What does this mean?
Mackie ONYX 1620i Premium 16-Channel Mixer with Firewire interface
The Onyx-i series is a range of deeply integrated Firewire mixers that will delight those who wish to exploit the advantages of both digital recording and tactile mixing using a traditionally-laid-out mixing desk. Onyx-i mixers work with all major DAW programs including Pro Tools M-Powered 8.
The Onyx-i series is a step up from the original Onyx with Firewire connectivity included as standard. Thanks to innovative thinking and excellent execution, these mixers allow you to exploit digital technology with an analog workflow. Take a look at these examples to see what I mean...
Wet or Dry? - Every channel on the mixer can be routed pre or post EQ to the computer, allowing you to choose whether to implement 'EQ to tape' or not.
Studio Quality Effects - Aux sends are routable to the computer, allowing you to utilize your computer as a powerful FX engine by implementing your favorite plug-ins in a live scenario.
Preserve Your Mix - Master L/R is routable to the computer for recording your analog mix. Burn and sell CDs of the mix at the end of the gig!
Mix Integration - Stereo return from the computer can be routed to either the control room for instant monitoring or to a stereo channel for mix integration.
Latency-Free Overdubs - Having a "real" mixer has its benefits. Latency-free overdubs are simple since you are using an analog mixer. No more wasted time dealing with the complicated "DSP" mixers commonly used on standalone interfaces.
The mixers can be used in the studio to exploit the best of computer and analog mixing at the same time; or used live to record gigs, and take your sound to a new level by utilising your favourite plugins from your computer as live Aux effects.
This 16 channel model features everything you'll need for most medium sized gigs including 4 band-EQ with swept mids on all 8 mic channels.
However if you need a fully fledged live & studio mixer that needs to be able to send signals to a number of different places and has dedicated analog recording outs, the 1640i will offer the flexibility you need.
If you don't need busses, more than 8 pres or complex routing options however, then the 1620i will give you all the functionality you need at a lower price (this is usually the case for most small-medium live gigs).
Here's what Mackie say about the Onyx-i 1620 Mixer
The 16-channel Mackie Onyx 1620i FireWire Recording Mixer combines the benefits of a powerful computer interface with the tactile, hands-on control of a sleek, space-saving premium analog mixer. Proven, professional features like eight Onyx mic preamps and classic Perkins EQ only accentuate the mixer's ample connectivity and clear-cut workflow.
Qualified by Mackie for use will all major DAWs, including Pro Tools M-Powered 8, the 1620i allows you to send channels, aux sends or master L/R signals discretely to your Mac or PC for recording. It's a premium analog mixer that integrates seamlessly with your favorite DAW. A better way to record - Onyx-i.
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use will all major DAWs, including: Pro Tools M-Powered 8, Logic, SONAR, Cubase, Ableton Live, Final Cut Pro
- 8 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels
- 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 4 aux sends with pre/post assignment
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
- Optional rack kit available