Customers Also Bought
Availability: 1 in stock
Order now for delivery to you
on Friday, 31 Jul 2015
This item is at our warehouse
What does this mean?
Originally introduced in 2001, Martin's Road Series was part of a serious attempt to make the kudos of owning a Martin more attainable. Costs were lowered due, in part, to production being moved to Martin's Mexican facility, the use of HPL for the back and sides as well as an ultra-simple spec. Dont let the price fool you though this guitar has eveything you'd expect from a Martin. Great tone, solid construction, a great finish and a comfortable action make this guitar a real classic that you have to try.
This guitar comes with a Fishman Soniton installed. This pickup accuratly captures your accoustic tone so you can enjoy great sound wherever you want to play, on stage, in the studio or out busking this is a great sounding guitar.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sapele
- ROSETTE: Single Ring
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: A-Frame
- TOP BRACES: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid Sapele
- BACK PURFLING: none
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Sapele
- ENDPIECE: none
- ENDPIECE INLAY: none
- BINDING: none
- TOP INLAY STYLE: none
- SIDE INLAY: none
- BACK INLAY: none
- NECK MATERIAL: Rust Stratabond
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: White Corian
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Standard Taper
- HEADPLATE: Indian Rosewood Pattern HPL
- HEELCAP: none
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Black Richlite
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4''
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: 1/8'' Dots - White ABS
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: none
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Satin
- FINISH TOP: Satin
- FINISH NECK: none
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Black Richlite
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome Enclosed w/ Small Buttons
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: Black
- CASE: 345 Hardshell
- INTERIOR LABEL: Paper Label
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman Sonitone
Anonymous review via Feefo | Purchase date: 18 April 2014
Andertons have unrivaled service both online and instore. I use them whenever possible - Awesome!!!
Sam | Purchase date: 08 December 2012
I wanted a good quality but not ridiculously expensive acoustic guitar for a variety of styles so I went to the store to try the DRS-1 and others. No other Martin had anything on the warmth the Road Series Martin had. Standard chords sound almost too full to be real yet it wasn't muddy. It's obviously going to be a step up from my first bowlback acoustic/using my Dad's Kimbara but I have lost sleep since buying it just because I can't put it down.
And that's it unplugged. Through a system it is exactly the same guitar, not let down by the Fishtone pickups which I was thinking of replacing. No need. Beautiful.
I play anything from John Mayer to Bon Iver, Django to Coldplay and it covers these styles amazingly well for its price tag.
As with most guitars it needs an action set up, as you can't expect a factory guitar to be perfect for every player straight from the box. So expect some personal fine tuning.
So if you don't like Taylor's brightness like myself and want a warmer fuller sound, I'd look no further.
John | Purchase date: 25 October 2012
Excellent tone, very nice to look at. Sounds great played through a Marshall Acoustic Amp, and also DI'd to a PA system. Very well made, with a good quality box.