Customers Also Bought
- This product is currently unavailable
- We may not yet have a price for this item
- This product may be discontinued
Availability: Not available to buy
Line 6 JTV-69 USA Tyler Custom Shop Variax Guitars
This is the hand made, Tyler USA custom shop version of the JTV-69. There are lots of options with regards to timbers, colours, hardware & fret boards. Please contact Andertons Music Co to discuss your requirements.
Andertons are an official James Tyler Custom Shop USA Variax Dealer.
Watch our detailed video demo on the USA Version of the James Tyler Variax above.
25 guitars, 11 tunings, 1 exceptional instrument
60 years ago, modern music was transformed by the advent of the electric guitar. This revolutionary new instrument proved to be incredibly expressive, and allowed players to connect to their music and their audiences in powerful ways. As music evolved, traditional electric guitars clung to the past - but others provided broader palates of sounds.
In 2002, Line 6 launched Variax modeling guitars. These groundbreaking instruments offered guitarists an unprecedented range of tones based on the most desirable electric and acoustic guitars on the planet. To develop the latest evolution of Variax guitars, Line 6 partnered with legendary luthier James Tyler to craft an exceptional instrument and the perfect delivery system for Variax technology.
Award-winning Variax guitar modeling technology
Line 6 set the goal posts for digital guitar modeling. The cutting-edge evolution of the system built into JTV-69US takes tone-crafting to unprecedented new heights.
At a twist of its simple, intuitive selector knob, JTV-69US transforms its tone with 25 award-winning electric and acoustic guitar models, giving you a virtual guitar collection to rival the gear rack of any top studio. Need to roll from 12-string jangle to nu-metal wail to jazzy warmth in the course of the same song? JTV-69US takes you there and beyond, instantly.
Each model offers nuance-perfect tone inspired by the most desired vintage acoustic and electric guitars, and it does so with more accuracy and tonal purity than ever before (thanks to the ultra-sensitive and more reliable new L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex (polyphonic) piezo pickups loaded into the bridge saddles of JTV-69US).
25 guitar models based on*
- 1960 Fender Telecaster Custom
- 1968 Fender Telecaster
- 1968 Fender Telecaster Thinline
- 1959 Fender Stratocaster
- 1958 Gibson® Les Paul® Standard
- 1952 Gibson® Les Paul® "Goldtop"
- 1961 Gibson® Les Paul® Custom (3 PU)
- 1956 Gibson® Les Paul® Junior
- 1976 Gibson® Firebird V
- 1955 Gibson® Les Paul® Special
- 1959 Gretsch 6120
- 1956 Gretsch Silver Jet
- 1968 Rickenbacker 360
- 1966 Rickenbacker 360-12
- 1961 Gibson® ES-335
- 1967 Epiphone Casino
- 1957 Gibson® ES-175
- 1953 Gibson® Super 400
- 1959 Martin D-28
- 1970 Martin D 12-28
- 1967 Martin O-18
- 1966 Guild F212
- 1995 Gibson® J-200
- 1935 Dobro Alumilite
- Danelectro 3021
- Coral/Dano Electric Sitar
- Gibson® Mastertone Banjo
- 1928 National Style 2 "Tricone"
*All product names used herein are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6's sound model development. Fender, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Strat and Guild are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. Gibson®, Les Paul®, ES, Dobro and Epiphone are registered trademarks of Gibson® Guitar Corp. Gretsch is a registered trademark of Fred W. Gretsch Enterprises, Ltd. Rickenbacker is a registered trademark of Rickenbacker International Corporation. Martin is a registered trademark of Dreadnought, Inc. Danelectro and Dano are registered trademarks of Evets Corporation. National is a registered trademark of Kaman Music Corporation.
USA-made James Tyler quality
Hailing from our Los Angeles-based Custom Shop, JTV-69US is a U.S.A.-made electric guitar of the highest quality. The James Tyler design and custom magnetic pickups wound to Tyler's specs make JTV-69US a killer performance tool.
In the image of the first successful solidbody electric guitars of all time, but updated for today's cutting-edge player, JTV-69US is made from a body crafted from your choice of classic ash or alder tonewoods, a bolt-on quarter-sawn maple neck with a comfortable rounded '59 profile, and a rosewood or maple fingerboard with a 25-1/2" scale length. This time-tested design yields the bright, percussive snap and bite while simultaneously tapping depths of tonal richness and warmth that only world-class luthiery can reveal.
To make the most of this tonal splendor, the three-pickup format is expanded with a PAF-style humbucker in the bridge that has been designed to complement the single-coil early '60s Strat inspired pickups in the neck and middle positions (all loaded with alnico magnets and wound to James Tyler's specs). Completing the package, a brand-new James Tyler Custom Tremolo bridge (engineered for increased resonance and improved tuning stability over vintage units) provides optimum playing versatility, while it all looks stunning in your choice of 15 classic and contemporary finishes. From 60 years of seminal guitar design, via the artistry of James Tyler, straight to the heart of the 21st century: JTV-69US.
- Hand-selected ash or alder body
- Solid quarter-sawn maple neck
- Maple or rosewood fingerboard
- 25-1/2" scale length
- Tyler '59 neck shape
- 22 medium jumbo German-wire frets
- Dot inlays
- 1-5/8" Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
- Sealed Hipshot Grip-Lock locking tuners with efficient 18:1 turn ratio
- Chrome hardware
- L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezos
- Fully adjustable Tyler Custom Tremolo bridge
- Alnico bridge humbucker and vintage-style neck and middle single-coil pickups wound to Tyler's specs
- Single volume and tone controls, 5-way switch
- Made in U.S.A. to boutique manufacturing standards, and assembled by Tim Wilson
- High-quality local set-up and inspection
- Includes high-quality plush-lined G&G hardshell case
The Variax technology
- 25 award-winning Variax guitar models inspired by classic vintage electric and acoustic guitars
- 11 programmable alternate tunings featuring our Virtual Capo system on a dedicated knob
- Polyphonic L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system for ultra reliability
- Variax Workbench Software allows each model to be customized to your unique taste (Mac/PC)
- VDI (Variax Digital Interface) connection to Line 6 POD xt, POD X3, or Vetta II guitar amplifier, enabling dual channel processing and guitar model selection integration with POD presets
- Includes two Li-Ion batteries (each provides 12 hours of play time), international wall-socket charger, Variax Workbench USB adaptor
15 classic and contemporary finishes
Black, 2-tone Sunburst, 3-tone Sunburst, Shorline Gold, Red Sparkle, Candy Apple Red, Olympic White, Lake Placid Blue, Inca Silver, Candy Orange Pearl, Gretsch Orange Seethru, Seethru Red, Blonde Seethru, Blue Pearl Over Black, Natural Satin.
Line 6, POD and Variax are trademarks of Line 6, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. JTV, Vetta, Virtual Capo and Workbench are trademarks of Line 6, Inc. James Tyler is a registered trademark of James Tyler, used under license. All rights reserved.
There are no reviews for this product | Write a review
Recently Viewed Items
You have not viewed any products.