Customers Also Bought
Availability: Available for order
- Normally available in 1 to 2 weeks
- What does this mean?
The Squier J5 Tele is a massively modified Telecaster, with kill switch and custom designed pickups. Co-designed by John 5 himself, this Black, bound tele is modeled on one of John's favourite guitars.
The unusual metal touches complement a comfortable, modern profile neck and 12" radius board. Customised electronics give you even more scope to get the dark, foreboding John 5 sound on this cool Squier Telecaster.
Here's what Squier say about the J5 Telecaster
John 5 is a self-described "Fender fanatic" with a jaw-dropping collection of his favorite instrument, the Telecaster ("the greatest guitars ever built, by far," in his words). His Squier signature model, the J5 Telecaster, is a double-bound beauty based on his oft-modded workhorse Telecaster.
Features include 5's distinctive black-and-chrome look, a double-bound alder body with a gloss black polyester finish, a polished stainless steel pickguard and chrome hardware. The one-piece maple neck has a "modern C" profile, a matching black Telecaster headstock and a 12"-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets. The custom-designed humbucking pickups use a special dual-volume setup with the bridge pickup control in the front position and the neck pickup control in the back position (5 prefers this setup because he spends much time giving the bridge pickup a workout). Rapidly toggling the upper-bout three-way pickup switch gives you 5's signature "kill" effect by turning off the neck pickup volume and leaving the bridge control full up.
- Model Name: Squier J5 Tele, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0301005506
- Series: Artist Models
- Color: Black
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Binding: Bound Top and Back
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Headstock: Matching Painted Headcap
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Humbucking with Ceramic Magnet
- Neck Pickup: Custom Humbucking with Alnico 5 Magnets
- Controls: Volume (Neck Pickup), Volume (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Tele with Humbucking Pickup Cutout
- Hardware Finish: Chrome/Stainless Steel
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Chrome
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tips: Black
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Matching Black Painted Headstock, Bound Top and Back, Silver Squier Decal, Toggle Switch Mounted on Upper Bout, Chrome Switch Tip, No Tone Control, Neck and Bridge Volume Controls are in Opposite Orientation, White Pearloid Dot Position Inlays, Narrow Dot Spacing, Synthetic Bone Nut
Mr S J Deacon | Purchase date: 27 March 2010
Principally, I'm a classical musician who happens to play jazz guitar. But that's all about to change. I'm bored playing other peoples work, and particularly bored with the constraints put upon me by the classical technique, or good form. So, stop your grinning and drop your linen, I'm daring to be different, breaking out and going a little wild...at er...47. My desires were set on fire when I was handed the John 5 Squire Telecaster. It's beautiful to hold, the feel is great too and just looking at it with it's gloss black and chrome design says 'play me you pent up unfullfilled, frustrated, fledgling, bastardio rock axe maniac'. I use a Line6 amp, complete with annoying buzz that only goes when everything is turned up to 11, but I figure that's when my J5 baby sings the best. Buy one and you too can learn to happy, all over again...