Customers Also Bought
Availability: 1 in stock
Order now for delivery to you
on Tuesday, 2 Aug 2016
This item is at our warehouse
What does this mean?
For those who like Jazz and Bebop one man you are sure to have heard of is the legendary Joe Pass. His incredible fluid way of playing guitar made him an influential artist for anyone who wanted to get in to jazz guitar. Designed after the large jazz box style guitars used by Joe Pass throughout his career this Emperor style instrument is just as smooth as the man himself.
Classic Archtop Construction
When going back and looking at some of the older archtop guitars you will notice that they all seem to use similar materials. This guitar is not different from these classics with a select spruce top, flamed maple back and sides, maple neck and finally a rosewood fingerboard to warm up the sound. That does not mean however that Epiphone have forgotten about modern technology.
To make sure that the guitar plays like new for as long as possible Epiphone have used the vintage inspired Graphtech NuBone XL nut. This still gives you the bone like resonance of classic guitars but without the short lifespan you would expect from a piece of bone.
While the Joe Pass Emperor has been around for some time they have updated this model with some sweet new pickups. Now fitted with Epiphone's rather mind blowing ProbBucker pickups which have the same tonality as a classic 50's pickup but with a slightly hotter output to suit more modern tastes. Best of all these pickups can be tapped to get some sweet single coil like vibes.
- Top Material: Select Spruce, Arched with Hand-Scalloped Bracing and Sound Post
- Back Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Side Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Neck Material: 3-pc Laminated Hard Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper, C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with Pearloid Block Inlays
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2
- Controls: Bridge Volume with Coil-Tapping, Neck Volume with Coil-Tapping, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector (toggle), Ivory Toggle Cap
- Binding: Top: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Back: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Neck: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20, Medium-Jumbo
- Bridge: Floating Rosewood, Thumbwheel Adjustable Height
- Tailpiece: "Vintage Scroll" Trapeze
- Nut: Graphtech NuBone XL
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover Rotomatic, 18:1 Ratio
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with Metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply (Black/White), "Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with Metal Inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario 10-46 Guage
- Typical Weight: 7.0 lbs
- Options: Hard Case