Customers Also Bought
- This product is currently unavailable
- We may not yet have a price for this item
- This product may be discontinued
- Click here to find similar products
Availability: Not available to buy
Tascam have got a reputation for making quality portable multitracks and the new DP004 does not disappoint! Designed for those on the move, the DP004 combines some of the best features from the range of handheld portable recorders on the market and adds the ability to multitrack, perfect for those wanting a 'muscial notebook' in which to record their ideas at the point of inspiration!
This is what Tascam say about the DP004:
Just like Tascam's best-selling Cassette Portastudios, the DP-004 makes recording simple. Musicians can record an acoustic instrument just by sitting in front of it and using the built-in stereo microphone, then overdub a vocal or solo track over what they played. Whether recording a song demo, music lesson or finished music, the DP-004 captures inspiration without technology getting in the way of your music.
The DP-004 offers four tracks of CD-quality digital recording. Users can simultaneously record two sources at once and playback and mix up to four tracks at once. The Bounce feature makes it possible to free tracks by creating downmixes internally. The four tracks can then be edited, mixed, and mastered to a dedicated internal stereo track.
The DP-004 is the perfect companion for beginners, songwriters, composers, bands, music teachers, language teachers, or school music programs.
- Portable, ultra-compact multi-track recorder
- Have your pocketstudio with you all time
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Use real knobs and buttons for frequently-used functions or easily navigate through the menu
- High-quality recording (44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Create hits at CD audio quality
- Recording media: SD/SDHC card (1GB SD card included)
- No moving parts inside mean high reliability and no noise from internal drives etc.
- 2-track simultaneous recording
- Record in stereo or record two independent mono sources
- 4-track simultaneous playback
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Create stereo recordings from an acoustic instrument or from your environment without any cables
- Two Mic/Line inputs
- Plug in and record from microphones, synths, guitars, drum machines etc. directly
- Dedicated Level and Pan controls
- Set playback level and pan position for each channel independently
- Bounce function
- Record a stereo mix of up to 4 tracks or mixdown up to 4 tracks to a single new track
- Dedicated stereo master track
- Mix your song to a stereo file you can transfer to a computer for CD burning or MP3 encoding
- Locate features
- Move to a certain time position, or return to zero or to the last recording position with one key press
- Repeat playback
- Set In and Out points for a playback loop (with adjustable interval between repetitions)
- Editing functions: duplicate or erase tracks, cut parts, insert silence
- Edit your tracks like a pro: tighten your timing, cut unwanted noise etc.
- Undo/Redo feature
- Up to 500 steps (depending on memory capacity)
- Chromatic Tuner/Metronome
- Tune your instrument precisely and play or sing perfectly in time
- USB 2.0 port for computer backup
- Export your mix recording or individual tracks (WAV files) or back up your song to a computer; import individual tracks (WAV files) or restore backed-up songs from a computer
- Can be powered by AA batteries or optional AC adapter
George Baker | Purchase date: 07 February 2011
I wanted a recorder that would give me a good recording quality and that I could take with me to different places. This recorder gives exactly that.
The multi track function is also good as I can now record duets and mix them down to a single track.
So I have to use a computer to convert it into MP3 but that takes no time at all and the software that I use is free.
There is only one disadvantage (and it doesn't affect me) and that is that there is no backlight. To be honest, this is not a problem depending on where you aim to work.
The internal mics give a good sound quality for my oboe, piano and clarinet.
Overall this is a fantastic item - highly recommended to someone in my situation.
Dr. Sean Tierney | Purchase date: 01 February 2011
The product was purchased by me but not for me - it was for an old ex-service comrade currently in gaol who is nearing the end of his sentence and was to help with his rehabilitation. He phoned me a couple of days ago and told me that he was "absolutely delighted" with it for whilst he has been 'inside' he has taught himself to play the acoustic guitar to the level where he is able to record some of his compositions and able to use the Tascam DP004 4-Track Digital Pocket Studio to produce the Audio CD's so produced to sell and thereby raise funds for the Veterans In Prison Association - V.I.P.A. - an organisation started by a Prison Officer who served with me in The Falklands Campaign almost 30 years ago and who realised that a dedicated Veterans support organisation within all prisons was needed. Their facilities are not funded by the Prison system who spend their allocated pennies on comparatively worthless drug programmes which everyone knows is a complete and utter waste of time and money whereas the practical skills learned voluntarily by Veterans are a dammed sight more productive so they need to fund themselves...with the help of the Digital Pocket Studio this is so much easier to produce. Thank you - from us both.
Mark Scott | Purchase date: 26 November 2010
Really easy to use even for a ludite like me , plug it in and within ten minutes you are recording. Cannot fault the value for something that is basically giving you 4 track digital recording for the price of an effect pedal.
Mr. Paddy Dargan | Purchase date: 24 September 2010
The DP-004 is my first foray into digital recording. Up to now I have been recording with an analog machine. I have to say that I am really pleased with the ease of use of the DP-004. Tascam really have made a unit that is surprisingly easy to use - and the results are very impressive too. I haven't yet used an external mic or line, as I find that the built in mics do the job quite nicely - very convenient, and less time wasted setting up. The only gripe I have is that the small screen is not backlit. As a result, it can be extremely difficult to read in poor light. Another small negative is that there is no on-board EQ or effects, but at this money, it's great value - you can import tracks to a PC and EQ there. This aside, the DP-004 is a great little recorder, and I would reccommend, particularly for acoustic work.
Chris Fitzgerald | Purchase date: 15 December 2009
Very easy to use, managed to create a 4 track song after about half an hour of fiddling and reading the quick start guides. The sound when played through an amplifier sounds suprisingly full and the quality is very good. The only downside is the small un lit screen (or maybe I havent figured out how to turn the backlight on ?) despite the screen, very impressed ! Perfect for those (like me) who want make their first attempts at recording their own tracks!
Recently Viewed Items
You have not viewed any products.