Customers Also Bought
Availability: Available for order
- Normally available in 5 days
- What does this mean?
Line 6 Workbench Software
The Line 6 VARIAX WORKBENCH Guitar Creation Software. Software/Interface provides Variax owners with their own personal guitar custom shop tools to create and virtually build the guitars of their dreams.
The Line 6 VARIAX WORKBENCH Software enables you to select from a complete list of guitar bodies, choose pickups and placement, and tweak other parameters to design guitar models that are truly one-of-a-kind.
Your dream guitar is just a few clicks away. A must for Variax owners!
- Software provides Variax owners with their own personal guitar custom shop tools to create and virtually build the guitars of their dreams
- Compatible with any Windows PCs or Mac OSX computers
- Allows you to completely customize any or all of the sounds on the Variax model knob and five-way selector
- Create custom or alternate tunings for any electric guitar you construct
- Easily create, store, share and back-up thousands of guitar models using the librarian feature
- Workbench's detailed graphics allow you to see and hear the guitars you create in real time
- Includes custom RJ-45 cable, USB cable and hardware interface
- System Requirements
- Windows XP or Windows 2000 - equipped PC with at least a Pentium III 500 MHz or better processor, one available USB port and 256MB or more of RAM
- MACINTOSH OS X 10.3.8 or higher and a G4 or G5 running @ 400 MHz or faster, one available USB port
Build your own custom guitar at home on your PC or Mac! Variax Workbench gives you your own personal guitar custom shop with all the tools needed to easily create, store, and share the guitar you have been dreaming of.
With Variax Workbench, you can select from a complete list of guitar bodies, pickups and placement, tone and volume controls, and tweak until you've come up with a guitar that is truly unique. With Workbench, it's like having all the coolest pickups, controls, and bodies of the greatest guitar collection, all at your instant disposal.
This combination USB interface and software package allows you to see and hear the physical changes to your custom guitar in real time. Ever wonder what a single-coil pickup would sound like on a hollowbody tuned a whole octave down? Probably not. That's because it wasn't a reality… until now.
One of the main reasons for having different guitars isn't just the pickups and sound, but the tuning. Workbench allows you to not only make your own guitars, but you can select a custom tuning to go along with it. Now your T-model setting can be in Open G, your Spank model can be tuned a half-step down, and your Lester model can go to Drop D.
You can make as many guitars as you want using Workbench's Librarian (below). Keep track of your custom guitars, store them on your computer's hard drive, email them to friends, or just make a CD-ROM backup so you can load your guitars into any Variax you use! Workbench allows you to fill each slot on the Variax Model knob AND five-way switch with your custom guitar collection.
Using the special RJ-45 connector, you can go "inside" and create custom guitar models. Using the included custom digital Variax cable and converter box, you can now USB into any Windows or Mac OSX computer and edit the guitar entirely on screen. Now you can SEE exactly what you're playing!
Works with Variax 500 and 700
Compatible with any Windows PC or Mac OSX computer