Customers Also Bought
Availability: 3 in stock
Order now for delivery to you
on Wednesday, 3 Sep 2014
- What does this mean?
Update: Avid have produced the new 64 bit, standalone Eleven Rack editor which is now fully compatible with Pro Tools 11! Now you can easily configure Eleven Rack using your Mac or PC, without launching Pro Tools; change guitar pedal, amp, and speaker settings using the graphical interface; and download and play thousands of presets from ElevenRackPresets.com!
Digidesign Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 11 software - Effects Processor and Pro Tools System For Guitar
The ultimate interface, effects rack and recording solution for guitarists, and the one we've all been waiting for! Digidesign recently released Eleven - their plug-in take on amp simulation to rival products like Guitar Rig and Amplitube. Well it was so well received, that they've now made a hardware version!
This 2U rack unit can be used as a standalone effects processor for your live rig, or as a Pro Tools interface for recording guitar centric tracks. The 11 Rack contains a huge number of amp, cabinet, effect and even mic simulations (see below). It comes with Pro Tools 10 so you can record your tracks straight away.
Just because the Eleven is designed for guitarists doesn't mean you have to buy another interface to record the rest of your tracks though! The Eleven has a variety of digital and analogue routing options including a phantom powered mic input, line and digital inputs and even MIDI I/O so you can use your Midi equipment when using the Eleven as an interface. The eleven supports up to 8 channels of simultaneous recording at 24bit/96kHz.
Thanks to its True-Z impedance matching input, the Eleven Rack can ensure that the correct impedance relationship between your guitar and the DSP unit is preserved, meaning that it will sound better than plugins which can only emulate this relationship. Another advantage to the rack version is that all the DSP processing power is contained inside the unit, saving precious CPU power so you can run more plugins and VSTi instances.
The Eleven rack challenges all other solutions for guitar amp simulation and effects in the hardware world thanks to its unrivalled flexibility and DSP power. Whether you are looking for a comprehensive effects and simulation unit for live gigs that you can plug directly into the PA, or looking for a centre point for your guitar recording rig, the Eleven Rack could be just the thing you're looking for.
- "Eleven Rack has connectivity that ought to take care of any live or studio situation. A mic input with phantom power, pad switch and gain control sits conveniently on the front panel should you wish to record vocals, acoustic guitar or anything else. But the main point of entry for guitarists will be the dedicated guitar input featuring Digidesigns True-Z circuitry, which has been designed to allow a more realistic interaction between the guitar and the modelling software"
- "What you get here are authentic sounds that not only stand up in a recording context but translate equally well to a live setting - this is a unit that you could use to record a whole album and then take on the road to recreate those exact sounds on stage."
- "Versatile, easy to use and with quality sounds, Eleven Rack provides an extremely practical single-box system for all aspects of guitar recording, as well as being solid enough for onstage use without any qualms. Digidesign has certainly done its homework and designed something here that's entirely sympathetic to a guitarist's needs."
- "We like: Versatile connectivity; ease of use; authentic sounding models; Pro Tool Software. We Dislike: The 'one or the other' footswtich/expression pedal design."
- "The Eleven rack really is everything you need for guitar recording in one box. The new standard. 4.5 out of 5 stars."
Trevor Curwen - Guitarist Magazine - read the whole review in the December 2009 issue.
Here's what Digidesign say about the Eleven Rack
Eleven Rack is a revolutionary new guitar recording and effects processing system designed to eliminate the challenges guitarists have faced in the studio and on stage. Say goodbye to the lacklustre guitar amp "models" of yesteryear: Eleven Rack utilizes a unique tone cloning design and one-of-a-kind, custom-designed True-Z input to re-create the experience of playing through a full guitar rig. By combining studio-standard Pro Tools software with a DSP-accelerated high-resolution interface, Eleven Rack puts professional recording into the hands of every guitar player. Whether tracking in the studio or playing on stage, Eleven Rack delivers fresh, mind-blowing, hyper-realistic guitar amp and effects tones that will inspire incredible performances.
The versatile Eleven Rack is ideal for use in a wide variety of scenarios in the studio or live
- Eleven Rack includes hyper-realistic guitar amp sounds, and can be patched directly into a PA or other amplification system for use in a live setting
- Eleven Rack can be treated as a preamp and effects processor to be used along with guitar stompbox pedals and patched directly into a guitar amplifier
- Eleven Rack can be used as a DSP-accelerated Pro Tools LE audio interface that can be plugged directly into a PC or Mac computer for direct recording with the included Pro Tools LE software
- Eleven Rack can be patched directly into a mixing board or other recording system in order to record guitars directly
For the Recording guitarist
- Includes studio-standard Pro Tools recording, editing, mixing software tweaked for the guitar player (esp. custom-designed Eleven Rack Control window)
- Full-on audio interface supporting up to 8 simultaneous high-resolution record channels, with mic, guitar, line, digital and MIDI I/O
- DSP-accelerated audio interface for no audible latency recording with effects
- Incredibly authentic amp and effects sounds
- Unique, True-Z auto impedance-matching guitar input
- Embedded Rig Settings allow for easily recall of settings used in processed audio tracks
- Simple re-amping functionality built in-without the hassles associated with the reamping process
- Amp and effects run on DSPs inside Eleven Rack-leaving valuable CPU resources available for other effects, higher session track counts, and virtual instruments
- Also doubles as a standalone hardware processor, allowing guitarists to easily sync studio tones up and take them to a gig and play through Eleven Rack live
For the Live guitarist
- Sets a new standard in re-creating the experience of playing though a mic'd guitar amp
- Includes a collection of meticulously-cloned classic stompbox and pro studio effects
- Offers a wide-range of I/O options and flexibility to easily integrate with your existing rig
- Powerful options for controlling Eleven Rack settings in real-time on stage with affordable MIDI and expression pedal controllers
- Also doubles as a professional recording solution designed just for guitar players (and featuring studio-standard Pro Tools recording platform)
- Provides a seamless way to use same tones in both live and studio environments
Eleven Rack in the Studio
Eleven Rack combines studio-standard Pro Tools software with a high-resolution, dual DSP-powered audio interface so users will never have to worry about latency when recording with its built-in amp/effects tones - nor will their computer have to carry the processing burden. Eleven Rack also takes re-amping to the next level by recording both dry and processed guitar signals simultaneously, allowing users to re-amplify later without patching a single cable. We even found a way to embed the Eleven Rack amp and effects settings into the audio tracks you record, enabling users to automatically recall those settings from your audio files on any Pro Tools system with Eleven Rack.
Eleven Rack On Stage
Eleven Rack also rocks onstage as a standalone amp tone and effects signal processor - we pulled out all the stops to make sure it sounds and feels just like playing through the real deal. We also included a classic collection of effects, from must-have stompboxes to world-class rackmount studio processors. Eleven Rack has all the I/O flexibility users need to integrate it into your existing rig, and easily incorporate the tones they've recorded with into their live setup - closing the gap between studio and stage. Eleven Rack also offers incredibly powerful control options using affordable MIDI controllers and expression pedals, providing full foot control over everything from vintage wah effects to tempo-driven delays and more
Eleven Rack Hardware Features
- Unique True-Z auto-impedance matching guitar input
- Incredible emulations of classic guitar amp tones inspired by Fender, Vox, Marshall, Soldano, and Mesa/Boogie amps*
- Refined collection of sought-after classic stompbox tones inspired by effects from MXR, Electro-Harmonix, Ibanez, ProCo, Univox, and more*
- Powerful collection of studio-quality rackmount effects processors
- Convolution-based cabinet emulations deliver unprecedented realism in cabinet tones
- Convolution-based microphone emulations inspired by classic dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mic designs
- Integrated FX loop switchable to incorporate existing mono or stereo rack and stompbox effects
- Controllable via MIDI controllers and expression pedals
- Built-in tuner
- Tap-tempo control of time-based effects
- High-speed USB 2.0 connection
- Supports up to 8 simultaneous channels of high-resolution recording up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Stereo balanced XLR outputs and dedicated 1/4" outputs
- XLR mic input with 48V phantom power and pad switch
- 2 x 1/4" line-level inputs
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O
- Stereo 1/4" headphone jack
- 1 x 1 MIDI I/O
Pro Tools Software Features
- Compose, record, edit, and mix using industry-standard tools
- Build big productions with up to 96 simultaneous stereo audio tracks
- Create and edit rig settings right from within Pro Tools
- Record dry and processed signals simultaneously for easy re-amping
- Never worry about saving presets, as all rig settings are embedded into recorded tracks
- Polish mixes with 70 sound processing, effects, and utility plug-ins included
- Compose music with the included virtual instruments and MIDI and notation tools
- Work with coveted pro features - Automatic Delay Compensation, multitrack Beat Detective, DigiBase Pro, and more
- Adjust pitch and time on the fly with Elastic Pitch and Elastic Time
- Collaborate with others easily with built-in OMF/AAF/MXF file interchange
- Use Pro Tools software with Eleven Rack or standalone
Guitar Amp Models*
The amp models in Eleven Rack are based on the following original vintage and modern guitar amps
(Eleven Rack also includes two Digidesign custom amps)
- '59 Fender Bassman
- '59 Fender Tweed Deluxe
- '64 Fender Black Face Deluxe Reverb Normal Channel
- '64 Fender Black Face Deluxe Reverb Vibrato Channel
- '66 VOX AC30 Top Boost
- '67 Fender Black Face Twin Reverb
- '69 Marshall 1959 100 Watt Super Lead Plexiglas Head
- '82 Marshall JCM800 2203 100-Watt Head
- '85 Mesa/Boogie Mark IIc+ Drive Channel
- '89 Soldano SLO100 Super Lead Overdrive Head Clean Channel
- '89 Soldano SLO100 Super Lead Overdrive Head Crunch Channel
- '89 Soldano SLO100 Super Lead Overdrive Head Overdrive Channel
- '92 Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Head Vintage Channel
- '92 Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Head Modern Channel
- Digidesign Custom Vintage Crunch
- Digidesign Custom Modern Overdrive
Speaker Cabinet Models*
The speaker cabinet models in Eleven Rack are based on the following original speaker cabinets:
- '59 Fender Bassman 4x10" with Jensen P10Qs
- '59 Fender Tweed Deluxe 1x12" with Jensen P12Q
- '64 Fender Black Face Deluxe Reverb 1x12" with Jensen P12N
- '66 Vox AC30 2x12" with Celestion Alnico Blues
- '67 Fender Black Face Twin Reverb 2x12" with Jensen C12Ns
- '68 Marshall 1960A with Celestion G12H "Greenbacks"
- '06 Marshall 1960AV 4x12" with Celestion Vintage 30s
The microphone models in Eleven Rack are based on the following popular mics:
- Shure SM7 Dynamic Microphone
- Shure SM57 Unidyne III Dynamic Microphone
- Sennheiser MD 409 Dynamic Microphone
- Sennheiser MD 421 Dynamic Microphone
- Neumann U67 Condenser Microphone
- Neumann U87 Condenser Microphone
- AKG C 414 EB Condenser Microphone
- Royer 121 Ribbon Microphone
The effects models in Eleven Rack are based on the following popular guitar effects:
- Spring Reverb (based on the Fender Deluxe Reverb)
- Green JRC Overdrive (based on the Ibanez TS-808)
- Tri-Knob Fuzz (based on the Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi)
- Black Op Distortion (based on the ProCo Rat)
- Shine Wah (based on the VOX V-846)
- C1 Chorus/Vibrato (based on the Boss CE-1)
- Orange Phaser (based on the MXR Phase 90)
- EP Tape Echo (based on the Maestro Echoplex EP-3)
- BBD Delay (based on the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man)
- Roto Speaker
- Grey Compressor (based on the Ross Compressor)
- Vibe Phaser (based on the Univox Uni-Vibe)
- Volume Pedal
- Stereo Reverb
- Graphic EQ
- Black Wah (based on the Thomas Organ CB-95 Crybaby)
* Digidesign Eleven Rack is not connected with, or approved or endorsed by, the owners of the AKG, Boss, Celestion, Electro Harmonix, Fender, Ibanez, Jensen, Maestro, Marshall, Mesa/Boogie, MXR, Neumann, ProCo, Ross, Royer, Sennheiser, Shure, Soldano, Thomas Organ, Univox, and Vox names. These names are used solely to identify the guitar amplifiers, speaker cabinets, loudspeakers, effects, and microphones emulated by Eleven Rack.
Mike | Purchase date: 21 July 2013
This is basically a really good unit with a whole array of features and some great sounds hidden in its depths. It takes some perseverance to set up however, if you want to use pro tools on a mac with Mountain Lion.
1. You have to download the latest drivers. Ok but they only downloaded for me by not going directly to Avid's site and using good old google to find them.
2. Once these are installed you have to register with ILok so you can use their product key (USB) to get the licence. (Add time for several failed validations, plenty of reading on google and somehow I got there.
3. Then time to register with Pro-Tools and not confuse the two registrations.
4. Finally, finally, time to download the latest version of Pro Tools, 11 and all should be OK.
5. Well no, because the eleven rack is greyed out on the menu and there is no sign of the actual add ons for the Eleven Rack.
6. Cue reloading of drivers etc., extensive search in Google and at last there is always someone who knows why. Pro Tools Eleven is not set up for the Eleven Rack (Why would it be as they both have the name eleven? (Excuse the sarcasm). It only works with Pro Tools 10 which fortunately they give you the licence for too.
7. Back through the whole process again, download 2.5 gig and hey presto it all works.
As often with multi fx the presets are far to fizzy for my ears, but I wasn't going to give up after the saga above. I am now getting some really good sounds.
Great service from Andertons as always. Avid do have a think about the setup. I have a degree in IT and cut my teeth on Windows 3.1 I needed al that experience to get this rack going.
Andrew | Purchase date: 29 June 2012
Amazing piece of kit, so adaptable. I can get tones I've been struggling to get from real tube amps in minutes. Would give this 6 stars if I could!
Craig | Purchase date: 28 March 2012
This unit is awesome. A lot of the videos on youtube and reviews do not do this justice. There is a depth and feeling to the sound which I have not experienced before in a amp mod unit before at this price plus you get Pro Tools 10 included. Some of the default sounds as with any new unit are a little bit pants but there are a wealth of presets available from the Eleven Rack Presets website (almost 1000 now)plus you can experiment and make your own presets.
One word of warning is that at the moment there is not a standalone software for editing presets. You either have to do it manually or within Pro Tools. Hopefully AVID will intridue this function soon as its an extremely popular request from Eleven Rack users and would be a logical progressive step.
Also great for live use with a power amp and you can use a footswtich to move between sounds. I can't afford an AXE FX and I wanted something different to a POD Pro. This is great for what I need. I would highly recommend.