Customers Also Bought
Availability: 2 in stock
Order now for delivery to you
on Tuesday, 11 Mar 2014
These items are at our warehouse
What does this mean?
Looking for something a bit different in your electro acoustic guitar? The Fender SCE Sonoran has a mixture of classic acoustic guitar styling with electric guitar rock 'n' roll trimmings! Featuring a solid spruce top, Fishman Electronics (including a tuner) and a maple neck / rosewood fretboard - the Fender Sonoran acoustics offer a lot of value for money, as well as surf style guitar action!
Here's what Fender say about the Sonoran SCE
Our Sonoran SCE is decked out for even more sun-and-fun acoustic action, upgraded with a three-ply pickguard, bone nut and bridge saddle, and vintage-style Fender "Viking" bridge. It's perfect for those who dig vintage styling and seek to ride the wave of Fender's classic Southern California history and vibe.
Other premium features include a "tight" dreadnought cutaway body shape, resonant solid spruce top with scalloped X bracing, mahogany back and sides, stylish checkerboard rosette, body binding, vintage C-shaped maple neck with dual-action truss rod and matching painted Stratocaster headstock shape, 20-fret rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge with compensated saddle, forward strap button with internal block reinforcement, gloss neck and body finish, and Fishman Isys III pickup system with active onboard preamp and tuner.
- Model Name: Sonoran SCE
- Series: California
- Body: Solid Spruce Top, Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Bracing: Scalloped X Bracing
- Rosette: Checkerboard Rosette
- Body Width: 3.75" (Front) to 4.75" (Rear)
- Body Binding: Multiple Body Bindings
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Dot Position Markers
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Special Electronics: Fishman Isys III System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and Tuner
- Controls: Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Low Battery Indicator Light
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Rosewood with Bone Compensated Saddle
- String Nut: Bone
- Strings: Fender Dura-Tone Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)
- Unique Features: Fender Stratocaster Headstock Shape, Matching Painted Headstock, Fender Tight Dreadnought Body Shape, Dual Action Truss Rod, "Viking" Fender Bridge, Factory Mounted Forward Strap Button with Internal Block Reinforcement, White Dot Inlays, Checkerboard Rosette, Vintage "C" Shaped Neck, Multiple Body Bindings, Bone Nut and Saddle
Tony | Purchase date: 21 May 2013
I bought this guitar a few weeks ago and haven't put it down yet. Very easy to play and great looks, it also sounds great plugged in. The only reason I haven't given it the full 5 stars is that the tuners feel a little cheap and had black marks on them. The marks came off alright though but I'd expect a little more from Fender.
Tony | Purchase date: 21 May 2013
This is one of the most stunning looking acoustic guitars I've seen. The sound is nice both plugged in or unplugged and the feel of the neck is just right.
The down sides is that the finger board felt a little rough but I have a feeling that it just needs a little clean. Also the tuners feel a little cheap but having said that it keeps tune well.
All in all its a great little guitar with the right name and for the right price. I'd recommend it.