Customers Also Bought
- This product is currently unavailable
- We may not yet have a price for this item
- This product may be discontinued
- Click here to find similar products
Availability: Not available to buy
Squier have recently dropped the price of their beginner guitar and bass packs so this pack is now only ! There's never been a better time to start learning the guitar!
The Fender Squier Strat is the world's biggest selling guitar. The Squier Affinity HSS Strat plus G-Dec Junior Amp is the top of the range Squier starter electric guitar pack. The Squier Affinity HSS Strat is the same as the regular Affinity Strat, except that the HSS version comes with a humbucking pickup in the bridge position - this gives the guitar more "punch" and is great when used with an overdirve/distortion sound.
The Fender G-Dec Junior is also an excellent amp. As well as having 15 watts of power and having a number of different amp settings, it also has some FX built in and comes with play-along built-in backing tracks! This is perfect for any beginner that wants something that will last and be fun to practice with.
Here's what Squier say about the Affinity HSS Strat Pack
This set features a great-sounding, sweet-looking and easy-playing Squier Affinity Strat HSS guitar with a humbucking bridge pickup; plug it right into the included 15-watt G-DEC Junior amp with loads of amp types, effects, backing loops, auxiliary input, headphone jack and many other cool features. Accessories include a guitar strap, gig bag, guitar cable and pick sampler-everything you need to Stop Dreaming and Start Playing!
- Model Name: Stop Dreaming, Start Playing Set: Affinity Strat HSS with G-DEC Junior Amp
- Model Number: 030-1620-(Color#) USA
- Series: Affinity Series
- Colors: (006) Black, (025) Metallic Red, (095) Metallic Blue, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Body: Agathis
- Neck: Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
- No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Pickups: 2 Single-Coil Pickups (Neck/Mid), 1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup; Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup; Position 3. Middle Pickup; Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Synchronous Tremolo
- Machine Heads: Standard Die-Cast Tuners
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.61" (40.9 mm)
- Unique Features: White Dot Position Inlays
G-DEC Junior Features
- Built-in E-tuner with LED Indicator.
- 15 watts, 8" Special Design speaker.
- 16 amp types recreate the tones needed to play any style of music.
- 15 special effects presets.
- 15 drum/bass/accompaniment loops, including metronome.
- Key selector knob allows 14 different keys; "Bass Off" may be selected to allow only the drum sounds to be activated.
- Tempo knob allows settings from 30 to 240 bpm.
- Separate controls for guitar volume and backing loop volume
- MIDI connector allows streaming files from a computer and future software upgrades.
- 1/8" AUX in allows jam-along capability with external CD or mp3 player.
- Headphone jack doubles as line output to recording gear or further amplification.
The Set Includes
- Squier Fat Strat p/n 031-0700
- G-DEC Junior Guitar Amplifier
- Gig Bag
- Pick Sampler
Steven | Purchase date: 28 December 2010
This is my first electric guitar after playing my acoustic guitar for about 2 years. Its a great pack that provides everything you need to get started. The amp is alright and provides a good variety of different tones and sounds. The guitar itself is alright as well although it could be better. Strings are crap (strings A and D snapped within 2 weeks) but overall its great value for money.
Jamie Taylor | Purchase date: 25 December 2007
The Squier Affinity Starter Pack is the perfect way for beginners to get into guitar. Pleasing to play, yet also pleasing the bank, this pack is suitable for both the beginner and intermediate guitarist. The Strat’s good build quality is capable of withstanding a good rock out session, both on stage and in the living room and the rich bridge humbucker tone gives a very satisfyingly heavy sound. The rosewood fretboard is an enjoyable surface to play on, and the ability to adjust the action to preference with the simple single trust-rod located in the headstock, is also a strong point, allowing the string clearance to be set according to the player’s choice. The neck is a good compromise between “shredder” thin and “chunky chords” wide, and is overall very comfortable to play, offering easy access to the higher frets. The neck pickup gives an agreeable warm tone, when coupled with one of the acoustic amp modes on the affinity package G-DEC amplifier.
The G-DEC, supplied in the Affinity package, is a very diverse solid-state amp, capable of crunchy jazz, rumbling rock, and mellow acoustic tone. It hosts a variety of effects, from reverb to flange, which are sure to liven up those jam sessions when combined with the built in drum and bass loop included in the G-DEC, with a customizable range of tempos, rhythms and keys . Coupled with ability to plug in a CD or MP3 player, through the 3.5mm aux in input, will keep the player rockin’ away to their favourite tunes for hours!
The only slight reservation I hold against this guitar is the tendency for the jack socket to work itself loose from the retaining nut, however this is definitely not a major problem or one specific to this guitar and is a five minute job easily done with a socket or pliers.
Overall this package offers not only value for money, but a guitar and amp that in their own right are quality products and for this combination of quality and affordability, the Squier Affinity package gets a definite pat on the back and five stars from me! An excellent way to get into guitar and become the next Hendrix!
Recently Viewed Items
You have not viewed any products.