Customers Also Bought
Next delivery due:
- Thursday, 3 Jul 2014
- What does this mean?
The Ricky 4003 Bass is one of the all time classic bass guitar designs. It's instantly recognisable by both its shape and its sound, and that's why so many bass players use them.
The Rickenbacker factory is based in LA and in recent years all LA based manufacturers have had some pretty stringent regulations imposed upon them regarding factory emmissions as the LA state governors try to reduce the smog above the city.
Rather than move or change the classic way in which Rickenbackers are made, the Rickenbacker company have just decided to make less guitars! This has caused Rickenbackers to become increasingly difficult to get hold of, with guitars taking over a year to arrive once the order is placed.
Here's what Rickenbacker say about the 4003 bass
The Classic Rickenbacker bass - famous for its ringing sustain, treble punch and solid underlying bass. A subtle strip of binding graces the elegantly curved body and the Rosewood fingerboard. Deluxe triangular inlays and stereo capability are standard features.
- Body Type: Solid
- No. Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 84.5 cm (33 1/4")
- Neck Width at Nut: 42.9 mm (1 11/16")
- Neck Width at 12th Fret: 54.0 mm (2 1/8")
- Crown Radius: 25.4 cm (10")
- Body Wood: Maple
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.0 lbs.)
- Overall Length: 113.8 cm (44 13/16")
- Overall Width: 34.3 cm (13 1/2")
- Overall Depth: 31.8 mm (1 1/4")
- Fingerboard Binding: Yes
- Sides with Body Binding: 1
- Fret Marker Style: Triangle
- Tailpiece: RIC
- Bridge: RIC
- Neck Type: Through body
- No. of Pickups: 2
- Type of Pickups: Single Coil
- Output Type: Mono and Stereo
- Machine Heads: Schaller Deluxe
There are no reviews for this product | Write a review